Putney man suffocated

whilst experimenting with drugs & sex toys


Relevant articles:

  Sign up for our free weekly newsletter

Comment on this story on the

The court heard that Richard Gilbert Reade, known as Gill, aged 51 tied a dog collar round his neck and wore a rubber face mask while experimenting with sex toys and was suffocated to death on November 10th.

His body was discovered by his wife when she returned from work. "
He was unresponsive and I called an ambulance." The paramedics failed to resuscitate him and his body was taken to St George's Hospital.

The postmortem report revealed Mr Reade had substantial quantities of the solvent butal nitrate in his blood, which is readily available in sex shops & on the internet - a leading toxixologist said it :

"It is taken for its euphoric effects and the fact that it intensifies sexual experience."

The Coroner Mr Knapman
recorded a verdict of death by misadventure, saying that nobody else had been involved in the incident and there was nothing suspicious about his death.

December 13, 2004