Disabled Child In The Family?

Don't miss out on a grant towards a much needed break or help

Associated Articles





Families of children who have a disability can apply for council grants to pay for short breaks and adventure trips away.

Money is available to help pay for disabled youngsters and those with special education needs to enjoy short holidays, weekend trips and other enjoyable leisure activities with their families

The grants can also be used to pay for an 'extra pair of hands' to support a young person on an outing of their choice or on a family getaway.

As well as individual families, money is also available to organisations so that they can develop their workforce, or provide specialist support for young people to take part in activities.

To find out more, contact the special education needs & planning team by phoning (020) 8871 7160, emailing hwilliams@wandsworth.gov.uk or by writing to Room 171, Wandsworth Town Hall, London SW18 2PU.

Families of children with a disability or a special educational need are also being urged to sign up to a database which has been set up to make sure they are kept fully informed of all the town hall services that are available to them.

The Wandsworth disabled children's and young people’s register is designed to keep local families fully up-to-date with the services that can help them and also make sure that the council is well placed to plan future services. 

To join the register contact the family information service by calling (020) 8871 7899

or emailing fis@wandsworth.gov.uk.

August 16, 2010