Woman Dies After Vicious Assault

Victim killed in her home on Robin Hood Lane

Related Articles:

Laila Rezk

Anyone with any information should call the incident room at Lewisham on 020 8721 4868, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 to remain anonymous.

Two teenagers die in Rocks Lane crash

Sign up for our free weekly newsletter

Police have launched a murder investigation following an assault on a woman in Putney on the evening of Wednesday 29th November.

Police were called around 9pm to Robin Hood Lane, SW15, where 51 year old Laila Rezk was found suffering from head injuries by her son, daughter, and daughter's boyfriend, who arrived at the house just before 21:00 and found the door slightly ajar. 

Det Supt Richard Heselden said that
"They found her body positioned between the living room and the hall. Laila was unconscious at this point, therefore her daughter's boyfriend who has first aid experience attempted CPR."


It is believed the assault happened at some point between 1930 and 2045. She was taken to a St Georges Hospital in Tooting in a critical condition where she died on Thursday 30th November at 5pm. 

The investigation is being led by the MPS Specialist Crime Directorate, under DCI Phil Adams. Police are appealing for any witnesses or information. 

Det Supt Richard Heselden said, “We are dealing with a vicious attack on a woman alone in her own home. I need to hear from anyone who may have seen or heard anything suspicious in the area of Robin Hood Lane between 1930 and 2100 pm last night (Wednesday).  Also, we know Laila got on a No 85 bus near Putney train station at 1920 and got off in the vicinity of Robin Hood roundabout, near Robin Hood Lane. We would like to speak to anyone who was on bus about that time.” 

Police have released a CCTV still showing the last known sighting of her.

The still was taken on a number 85 bus at 1927 on 29th November and clearly shows Laila standing at the bottom of the stairs holding a newspaper.

She was wearing a full-length dark brown leather coat, dark coloured boots and she was carrying a large beige handbag with handles, (not a shoulder
bag) and a plastic carrier bag which police believe was purple and white. She was slim and had dark brown shoulder-length hair.

Det Supt Richard Heselden said police are keeping an open mind about the motive for the attack. There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.

December 2, 2006