Proposed improvements available for comment on January 15th
People who live and work in Southfields are being asked for their views on proposals to improve the heart of the shopping area.
Changes could include:
* Reducing street ‘clutter’ such as guard railings
* Improving shop and restaurant forecourts and frontages, if their owners agree
* More trees and plants
* Public art
* Upgraded street furniture
* More cycle parking
Changes would also be made to the roads and pavements, and could include:
Repaving Wimbledon Park Road, Replingham Road and Augustus Road where they intersect
* Traffic calming, including a 20mph zone
* Removing the barrier in Wimbledon Park Road near Southfields Station
* Widening pavements
* Lessening the impact of delivery lorries and parked cars
Go along to Southfields Library, Wimbledon Park Road, between 9am and 1pm. After viewing the plans, you will be given the opportunity to complete an online or paper survey.
You can also view details and follow links to the online survey on the council’s website at www.wandsworth.gov.uk/southfields. Deadline for comments is January 17.
If you would prefer a paper survey, call (020) 8871 6673.
January 6, 2016