‘Shrieks and skulls’ themed display at Battersea Park on Saturday November 2
Last year the display was attended by about 43,000 people, will be fired by award-winning pyro-technicians Pains Fireworks. A food court and bar will be offering refreshments throughout the evening.Battersea Park Fireworks 2012 news
Wandsworth’s culture spokesman, Councillor Jonathan Cook, said:
“This year we will once again see one of London’s best parks host one of London’s best fireworks displays. Unsurprisingly the display is usually a sell-out so I would advise anyone who’s keen to go to snap up a ticket while they can.”
Entry to the event, which is widely regarded as one of the best the capital has to offer, is by advance ticket only – organisers will not be selling tickets on the door.
Tickets went on sale on MOnday – and are priced to reward early buyers:
* Until Sunday, October 27, they are priced at £6.50 and then
Between Monday, October 28, and Friday, November 1, they will cost £8
Tickets bought on the day will cost £10
Tickets will be on sale until gates open on Saturday, November 2, but they can only be bought via the website – they will not be sold at any outlets or over the phone.
Entry for children aged under 10 will be free but they will still require a ticket.
Tickets will be available as follows:
Between Monday, September 30 and Sunday, October 27:
* Online via www.wandsworth.gov.uk/fireworks (transaction / bookings fees apply),
over the phone on 0844 453 9937
* in person from the Millennium Arena+, in Battersea Park, or the Civic Suite++, in Wandsworth Town, during office hours.
Between Monday, October 28, and Friday, November 1:
* Online via www.wandsworth.gov.uk/fireworks (transaction / bookings fees apply)
* in person from the Millennium Arena, in Battersea Park, or the Civic Suite, in Wandsworth Town, during office hours.
Saturday, November 2:
* Online via www.wandsworth.gov.uk/fireworks. Simply print the tickets out and present them at the gate.
++The Civic Suite, in Wandsworth, is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 4.30pm,
+ The Millennium Arena, in Battersea Park is open Monday to Friday from 7am to 10pm and Saturday and Sunday from 7.30am to 7.30pm.
October 2, 2013