Now they must impress the panel of judges
Some of Wandsworth's most impressive businesses have moved a stage closer to getting their name up in lights after being named as finalists for the Wandsworth Business Awards 2014, in association with The Tax Guys.
Judges have faced a difficult decision to produce shortlists in 10 categories with finalists now going forward to a judging day at The Bedford pub in Balham, on Wednesday, October 8.
There, they will get an opportunity to impress an expert panel of judges who will then consider the merits of the various finalists.
The winning companies will be announced at an awards dinner and ceremony, hosted by radio personality Neil Bentley, at the Roehampton Club on Thursday, November 6.
The awards are once again being led by Wandsworth Chamber of Commerce, the leading business support organisation in the borough for nearly half a century.
- Best Business for Marketing and Social Media: Bouncy Jam; Elizabeth Marsh; GraFForm; Wandsworth Oasis
- Best Business for Customer Service: Wimbledon Sewing Machine; Yellow Print Shop ; Bar 365; Aglaea Hair & Beauty; Shape Networks; Juliet Lemon; Bruce’s Doggy Day Care; Edwards James London; First Aid for Life; Elizabeth Marsh
- Best Green Business: Salvation Army; Aqua; Green Roehampton; GreenZone
- Best Business for Hospitality and Leisure: Elina PMS; Conference Roehampton; Bar 365; Old Sergeant; Brady’s
- Best Business for Training & Development: GreenZone; Artisan; Edward James
- Best New Business: Bouncy Jam; Kristian; Pawesome; Neverland Photography; Bluebird Care; Hubuzz; Blackleaf Events; Edward James; Share Community
- Best SME Business: Miner Jeweller; Bluebird Care; Social 360; Name Tags; The Cherwell Group; Aquamax; Gournment Hog; Bruce’s Doggy Day Care; RS Consulting; Kiwi Movers
- Commitment to the Community: Bluebird Care; Mangaging Care; Wimbledon Sewing Machine; Salvation Army; Mary’s Giving; Old Sergeant; Oasis; One World; GraFForm; Bellisma
- Entrepreneur of the Year: LadyBerry; Bruce’s Doggy Day Care; Signeer; Big Js; World Heart Beat; Name Tags; Shape Networks; Juliet Lemon; Elizabeth Marsh
- Best Retailer of the Year: Belle Amie Cafe; Re:treat; Wimbledon Sewing Machine; Minar Jewellers; Dee Light Bakery; Inside Man
One of the shortlisted companies will be crowned as Wandsworth’s Best Business at the end of the glittering gala evening. Last year’s overall winner was Business Launchpad.
Guests at the awards dinner will be able to enjoy a drinks reception followed by a three-course meal - with half a bottlle of wine - followed by coffee and chocolates. -
Premium tickets are also available offering champagne, additional wine and a prime position close to the stage.
The Wandsworth Business Awards, supported by The Tax Guys, are being led by Wandsworth Chamber of Commerce and managed by Make Business Happen CIC.
July 4, 2014