A messsage from Sgt Matt Snowden of East Putney SNT
Sheds, garages and outbuildings are increasingly being targeted by thieves so please consider the following points;
- Use quality locks to secure gates and doors.
- Use coach bolts or non-return screws to secure door hinges and locks.
- Put all garden tools and cycles away and lock together with any other valuable machinery using a high security cable and padlock.
- Alarms for sheds/outbuildings are inexpensive and can be obtained from DIY shops.
- Install outside security lighting.
- Review security at the rear of your property - consider defensive planting (ie, thorny bushes/hedge thickening) to prevent access.
February 4, 2011