Police still seeking his associate
Norbert Krzysztof Borysiewicz
A 44-year-old man from Barnes, was attacked on Sunday, 30 November 2014. After failing to turn up for work he was found the following day at home, semi-conscious with severe facial injuries and covered in blood and soot. It was apparent there had been a fire in the hallway and police were alerted.
The attack on him was so brutal that the victim had to be placed in a medically-induced coma for 10 days. He had suffered a bleed on the brain, fractured facial bones and damage to his throat. He also had a three-inch stab wound to the buttock.
It wasn’t until three months later after being released from hospital that the victim had recovered sufficiently to give officers information about what had happened to him.
Officers began their investigation by painstakingly piecing together the events leading up to the attack by gathering forensic evidence left behind at the scene and looking through CCTV. The breakthrough came when they identified Radkiewicz's phone number which led to his arrest at Morden tube station.
Twenty eight year old Kamil Radkiewicz, (pictured left), a labourer from Morden pleaded guilty to attempted murder at an earlier hearing in August at Kingston Crown Court and was sentenced on to 16 and a half years in jail on 26 November.
Police have also released an image of another man who was with Radkiewicz prior to the brutal attack. Police want to speak to Norbert Krzysztof Borysiewicz, 26 (18.09.1989), in connection with the incident.
Since his arrest on 24 March, Radkiewicz has never answered any questions during interview or given any reason to officers about the motivation behind the attack.
Detective Constable Paul Wright, from Richmond upon Thames CID, said:
"This investigation was one of the largest ever undertaken by Richmond borough CID. The victim was unable to assist police as even when he came around from his coma, he had no memory of what had occurred until much later and then he could only remember parts of what happened. I would like to praise the victim for his bravery after a most horrific ordeal. The paramedic at the scene thought that the victim would be dead within the hour. The fact that he survived is miraculous."
"Doctors said during the first few days of being admitted to hospital the victim's life was in the balance due to the bleed on the brain and the high level of smoke inhalation he had suffered. After being brought out of his coma he was unable to breathe on his own for 10 days and was in hospital for three-and-a half weeks.
"So much fantastic work was done by so many individuals in order to solve this case. Following a very complex investigation we managed to identify and arrest Radkiewicz. Radkiewicz is an extremely dangerous man and will now be off the streets for a very long time. We still need to know who was with Radkiewicz on the day of the attack and have released a CCTV image of him. If you recognise this man we need to hear from you."
Chief Superintendent Colin Kennedy, Borough Commander for Richmond upon Thames said:
"I would like to pay tribute to all the officers involved in this investigation, especially Detective Constable Paul Wright, Detective Sergeant Joe Garrity and Detective Inspector James Fox. This was an extremely complex and protracted investigation. Their detective ability, tenacity and dedication to bring Radkiewicz to justice are truly commendable."
Officers would like anyone with any information on the whereabouts of Norbert Krzysztof Borysiewicz to contact them. Anyone who can assist police is urged to contact DC Paul Wright, at Richmond-upon-Thames CID on 020 8721 5840, police on 101. Alternatively Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555 111 or at crimestoppers-uk.org.
November 30, 2015