the clash was unavoidable as NR needed to comlete work on Barnes Station
Last week both Cllr Maddan & Assembley Member Richard Tracey were outraged that Putney would be cut off from all rail transport over the weekend.
A spokeperson for Newtwork rail told Richard Tracey:
" Regular meetings are held between Transport for London and Network Rail to plan our possession, and we do try to plan our works to avoid working at the same time wherever possible to avoid this situation, but unfortunately on this occasion Transport for London had booked their possession and we needed to complete the Barnes station platform works which will allow for ten carriage trains. Long term this will help passengers with congestion while travelling.
We are also beginning the East London Line Phase 2 project, and our track renewals team need to replace some track to enhance the Clapham Junction area. The East London Line Phase 2 project will enhance the travelling for many passengers in the future, as this will connect the South West to the rest of the London area. Please accept our sincere apologies for the disruption these improvement works will cause to those who wish to travel this weekend."
Mr TraceyAssembley Member for Wandswroth & Merton told PutneySW15.com:
"I have told Network Rail and TfL that the co-ordination is appalling."
October 9, 2011