|Mercury Winners The XX Light Up Putney|
Turning on the Christmas lights at the Putney Christmas market and lights ceremony
The band will turn on the lights at 6pm as part of several hours’ of Christmas festivities. A special Christmas market will be held between 3pm and 7.45pm in Church Square off Putney High Street (by the Odeon) and many shops will be staying open until around 8pm or later.
Children’s entertainment will include a bouncy castle, an old-fashioned carousel, a lantern-making craft workshop and a lantern procession through the town.
The day’s programme highlights include:
• 3pm – the market opens
• 4pm - Christmas choirs from Hotham, St Mary’s, Hurlingham and Bandlehow schools begin.
• 5.30pm lantern processions starts from Putney Library through Putney High Street and the Exchange to Church Square
• 6pm - Christmas tree and High Street lights switch-on, featuring The XX.
• 6.15pm - Live band; ‘Finn’
• 7.45pm - Market and music draws to a close
• 8pm or later - High Street shops close
The event has been organised by the Putney Partnership and Wandsworth Council with additonal sponsorship provided by key sponsors Barratt Homes and Chesterton Humberts, major sponsors Russell-Cooke Solicitors, and further sponsors Direct Traffic Social Media, Putney Society, Rotary Club of Putney and Scotts surveyors.
November 22, 2010