|Romantic Bath On Putney Heath Leads To Four Fire Engines!|
and forty minutes to get the fire under control
Four fire engines and around 20 firefighters were called to a fire in a three storey building on Putney Heath Lane, SW15, yesterday.
A flat on the first floor of the building was partly damaged by fire and smoke. It is believed the fire started in the bathroom and was caused by candles being left unattended. For candle safety advice visit http://www.london-fire.gov.uk/UsingCandles.asp . The cause of the fire is under investigation. A number of people left the building before the Brigade arrived.
The Brigade was called at 2230 and the fire was under control by 2311. Firefighters from Wandsworth, Fulham, Battersea and Wimbledon fire stations were at the scene.
October 6, 2009