|Fire Breaks Out in House in Roehampton|
Investigators believe blaze was started by a faulty downlight
Fire investigators are blaming a downlight for starting a fire which broke out in a detached house in Roehampton this Wednesday afternoon (24 February).
The Fire Brigade received the first call at 1:50pm and six fire engines and around 40 firefighters were sent to Roedean Crescent to deal with the incident.
Fire crews from Wandsworth, Richmond, Battersea and Chiswick fire stations had the fire under control by 3:21pm.
Part of the second floor and the roof was damaged. There were no reports of any injuries.
Station Commander Lucy Macleod, who was at the scene, said, "The fire was confined to the eaves of the roof of the house and crews removed tiles to expose the underlying wood and damp down remaining hot spots.
"Firefighters were on scene carrying out salvage operations throughout the afternoon."
The Brigade's Fire Investigators believe the fire was accidental and involved a downlight.
February 25, 2021