|Putney Hammer man gets 12 months|
following attack on Sefton Street
20 year old Paulo Joseph Conde, of Stanbridge Road, Putney, appeared at Kingston Crown Court on 2nd March 2007 and was sentenced to twelve months’ detention in a young offenders' institution for actual bodily harm.
He changed his plea from not guilty to guilty
On 5th August 2005 at 1730 hours, police were alerted to reports of a 21-year-old man being assaulted in Sefton Street, SW15.
Officers arrived at the scene and discovered that the man had been walking down the road when Conde - driving a white Polo - pulled up alongside him and said, “Have you got a problem?”
The man felt threatened by Conde blocking his path so he pushed him away. Conde ran back to the car to collect his claw hammer and chased his target, who tripped and crashed to the ground.
Conde hammered the man on his back and upper right leg before driving away from the scene.
London Ambulance Services conveyed the man to Charing Cross Hospital where his injuries were treated, and he was discharged soon after. Police acted on the suspect description he gave them and quickly arrested Conde from his home address.
Detective Sergeant Neil Philpott, of Wandsworth CID, said, “This was a violent and unprovoked assault, and I hope Conde will take these twelve months of closure to decide whether he wants to be part of a just, fair and tolerant society, or spend his life in and out of prison
March 16, 2007