Your votes could help him win The People's Book Prize final
Back in March we reported that Putney author Simon Acland had had two of his books shortlisted simultaneously for The People’s Book Prize. His First Crusade Holy Grail novel, The Waste Land, is one of twelve books selected in the fiction category, and his venture capital guide for entrepreneurs, Angels, Dragons and Vultures, is one of twelve chosen in non-fiction.
Thanks to your votes, both The Waste Land and Angels, Dragons and Vultures have reached the final of The People’s Book Prize in fiction and non-fiction respectively!
Simon told PutneySW15.com:“I think that I am the first author to reach the final in two categories. I am extremely grateful to you for your support. The final round of voting lasts until 30th May. I have a good chance but I still need more votes. Even if you have voted, you can vote again now in the final round. I would appreciate it enormously if you could follow the instructions below and encourage others to do the same."
If you would like to vote for Simon to win please follow these instructions:
- If you voted before but cannot remember your password, follow the link http://www.peoplesbookprize.com/newpass.php to request a new password.
- If you have not voted before, go to http://www.peoplesbookprize.com/finalist.php , register by clicking on the blue word ‘register’ and following the instructions
- When you receive your password in your email box, copy it and go to http://www.peoplesbookprize.com/finalist.php . Enter the anti-spam code and your email address. Paste your password into the password box.
- Scroll down the page to The Waste Land (second from bottom) and click on the voting cross to the right of the book cover.
- Scroll back up, select the non-fiction tab, and repeat the process for Angels, Dragons and Vultures (third from the top)
- Click ‘Submit’ at the top of the page.
May 25, 2012