happened in Putney during June 2005
these items appeared in our weekly newsletters during this month - if
you like to receive it click
* Darling accused of putting "the interests of the aviation industry ahead of environmental and community concerns."
by Wandsworth Council
* Changes to parking *
on Rotherwood Rd & Glendarvon Street
* Is Putney a Clone Town? *
a recent study named it as one of London's least diverse shopping centres http://www.putneysw15.com/default.asp?section=info&spage=common/eretailsw15.htm
* Putney's no Clone! says Town Centre Manager * defending the character of SW15 http://www.putneysw15.com/default.asp?section=info&spage=common/eretailsw1502.htm
* BAA publishes Heathrow Expansion Plan * wanting Third Runway & 6th Terminal http://www.putneysw15.com/default.asp?section=info&spage=common/conhrw19.htm
* Local crime falling according to new figures *
Reassurance given over apparent surge in violent crime http://www.PutneySW15.com/info/crimstat0504.htm
* Free emission tests *
to petrol drivers in Putney
* Robin Hood Gate to stay permanently shut *
announces Culture Minister David Lammy
* £12,000 raised for The Royal Hospital for Neuro-disability *
following a weekend of Music & Dance
* Signal Failure on the District Line *
More bad news for the 'Cinderella service'
* New on-line Consumer Advice *
as Consumer Direct London is launched
* Van caught fly tipping in Roehampton * confiscated and may be crushed http://www.putneysw15.com/default.asp?section=info&spage=common/issueflytip01.htm
* Mayor joins opposition to Heathrow expansion * Livingstone claims expansion is against his environmental policy http://www.putneysw15.com/default.asp?section=info&spage=common/conhrw20.htm
+ Madison's Song the debut novel +
Meet Putney Opera Singer and author Kay Plowman at the launch of her new book http://www.putneysw15.com/info/evtyler.htm
* Thumbs up following emission tests *
as Council fleet passes with 100% and only three residents cars fail http://www.putneysw15.com/default.asp?section=info&spage=common/evemsw02.htm
If you feel there is a aspect of local life that we haven't given sufficient
coverage to, let us know.
Most of the articles listed above were not written by us but contributed
by local people.
to go back further?