What happened in Putney during August 2003
All these items appeared in our weekly newsletters during this month - if you like to receive it click here
* Police Concerned for Missing Boy *
* Play group protests against dangerous stray golf balls *
* Council Issue Dodgy Curry Alert *
* Man accused of Putney rape pleads not guilty *
* MP Praised for supporting energy efficiency *
* All Fairly Quiet on the Western Front *
* Be safe message for cyclists and motorcyclists *
* Roehampton woman in bus rage incident *
* Flyover re-opens ahead of schedule! - Friday saw a rare occurrence - road works completed in advance of schedule!
* Are you a frustrated Steven Spielberg? - apply now for cash to help you create the next BAFTA winner.
* Permits for children - no young person under the age of 16 is allowed to work at any type of employment without first obtaining a work permit from the council's educational welfare service.
* No more Robin Hood Gate - don?t forget that Robin Hood Gate is now closed; take a moment to plan your school run/commute accordingly.
* Sales Agent required - looking for part-time work with no commute? PutneySW15.com are looking at recruiting a sales agent to promote advertising to local businesses in Putney & Wandsworth. E-mail info@PutneySW15.com or call 020 8932 8295 to discuss this further.
* Pizza for Sale - Putney's Pizza Express is one of 10 outlets up for sale.
If you feel there is a aspect of local life that we haven't given sufficient coverage to, let us know. Most of the articles listed above were not written by us but contributed by local people.
Want to go back further?
Below is a calendar for 2003 - click on the relevant month to see what happened - remember you can't look into the future!